So…I got a little lazy and didn’t shave for a week or so. It wasn’t looking so bad, so I let it grow, like Mr. Clapton said.
It seems to have become a talking point, among admirers and detractors alike…
- So you’re growing a beard?
- No, it’s growing on its own.
- So, WHY are YOU growing a BEARD?
- I want to look like Santy Claus
- You should have started last year then
- Oh wow, that beard is so cool; I want to have wild sex with you.
- What’s with the beard, son? (from the boss)
- Oh I’ll shave the first weekend I don’t spend at work.
- Here’s ten bucks.
- Why! Thank you…
- It’s for a shave
- Ha ha. Fuck off.
And, this gem’s from the local gym-instructor
- Yeenu saar, Love Failure aaa?
- So what’s with the Devdaas look?
So why is Devdaas and ‘failed’ love the only thing that comes to mind when people see a beard. Why not Abe Lincoln? Or the Bee Gees? Or Manmohan Singh? Or Wolverine? Why devdaas? I don’t even remember our Shahrukh Khan sporting one while he was being melodramatic in a haveli pool or something. And yes, some of those statements might be slightly contrived.