Friday, January 27, 2006

Unfortunately...

Blogposts ago, I had recommended the redoubtable 'Curry Story' (which was pointed out to me by the Long One) in Vasanthnagar, in that lane opposite Mount Carmel College.

I was there earlier this afternoon, and it was closed. It was closed in a frightening final sort of way. What's sadder is that I've quite forgotten the flavour of Mrs Whoever's East-Indian Bottle-Masala Chicken, a dish so exotic, that even the Piglet, who's East-Indian, hadn't heard of it. That's East-Indian, with a hyphen, as opposed to East Indian, which I can try and qualify to be.

Sad, what? I hope it's just being renovated and will open again, sometime, someplace.

3 comments:

Dilettante said...

Sorry son, I sent Bangalore Bytes there some 3-4 weeks ago and it was closed. Not a renovation, I guess...

The Piglet. said...

There's no hyphen in East Indian. Where do you get these ideas?

Mr. D said...

then, what term differentiates the origin of the bottle Masala from me? (I'm from the East of India, you know...)