Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"Madness?

... this is Sparta!"

300 is going to release soon. Do check out the trailer out here.


Frank Miller's 300 is a movie now (almost). It's one of my favourite Frank Miller/Lynn Varley creations - it's a graphic retelling of the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 BC- and I'm excited to see it as a movie. It's been shot Sin City style (traditional real actors alongwith loads of CG), and I'm hoping it will be fun.

I can imagine that making a movie from a graphic novel, and a Miller/Varley one at that, should be easier than making a movie out of a book or script. It's like having a ready (and audience tested) storyboard with all the visual assistance one can use. But I suppose some element of surprise is also lost - I would have expected it to look like this. The trailer makes it seem that they've stuck to Miller's imagery quite faithfully (Sin City comparisons here). The final movie will let us know for sure, of course.

Check out the production blog here.

No comments: