Sunday, August 17, 2008

And Then I Watched...

...the Men's Artistic Gymnastics.


It was one of the two events that I had tickets for. The tickets looked like this:


I was pretty impressed with this camera that would move on the rails next to the run-up for the vault. It could move real fast.


The rounds they had in the event were the rings...


...the pommel horse...

...the horizontal bar...


...the vault...


and the parallel bars and the floor exercises. Most of the men on the floor exercise sucked big time. I don't know if it's because they were out of practice, or if 'floor' isn't really a mens event.

To be honest, I'd have not voluntarily watched it, but after watching it, I'll admit it's an impressive spectator sport. Especially the vault. I saw four teams participating, along with a bunch of individuals (from Australia, Puerto Rico(!), Venezuela..). The four teams were Korea, Belarus, Romania and Germany. I think only Korea and Romania qualified for the next round. The Romanians had this dude called Dragulescu, who seemed to be their big hero - he did good with the vault and the parallel bars, but not too good with the rest. He barely qualified for the next round.

Next up: Men's Fencing.



...

No comments: