Monday, September 22, 2008

And Then I Watched...

...Hulla.

As advertised earlier, Jaideep Verma's debut commercial film hit the theatres last Friday. We went and watched it.

Unbiased opinion: It's a reasonably good film. A bunch of well executed characters, and good attention to detail. A bit longer than I'd have liked it though (it seemed to drag a bit after the interval). Perhaps some of the actors seemed to overdo their bit. But overall, a very watchable film as well as something a modern Indian urban dweller can relate to. With a couple of messages somewhere in there too.

Jaideep wrote me saying it has been doing badly so far. I'm hoping the concept of multiplexes will keep the film running for some time, because I'm sure it'll pick up steam, once word gets around.

Watch it if you can. Spread the word if you like it.

No comments: