Friday, June 26, 2009

Too late...

...to enter, but not late enough to enjoy the prize winning entries. At the Tweet Me a Story contest.

And I only found out when catching up on Wondermark, a webcomic I enjoy. David Malki, the artist, had a few entries in the finals, and eventually came in third.

Some of the ones I liked:

The air was bitter cold. A frozen tear fell from my cheek, crushing a small school. I thought to myself, "Keep it together, Godzilla." CREATED BY Brian Joines

"We're the only 2 humans left!" she wailed. "You could at least shed a tear!" But he simply blinked. One whirring, clicking, terrible blink. CREATED BY Katherine Boboris

Came home from the funeral & went straight for the attic. The old trunk was still there; Dad's key fit perfectly. I'll see you all yesterday CREATED BY David Malki

Check it out. And practice for next time.

And if you're interested in this sort of thing, try Six Word Stories, which is hardcorer. It all started when Hemingway wrote "For sale: baby shoes, never worn." which he said was among his best works.



...

No comments: